Wheel Stripes Installation
Wheel Stripes Installation Instructions
Included in this Kit:
• Instruction Sheet
• 20 Pre-cut Adhesive Vinyl Tape Sections on Backing Paper (4 per wheel/side plus 4 extras)
Tools Needed For Installation:
• Cleaning Solution that is safe for use on your wheels
• Soap and Water
• Lint Fee Paper Towels or Cloth
• Scissors or Razor/Hobby Knife
• Clean Work Area
• Optional: Motorcycle Center Stand or Car & truck floor jack.
All surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned before applying your wheel stripes. The goal is to get your wheel / rim surface as clean as possible. The cleaner your surface is the better the Wheel Stripes will adhere. This will greatly improve the life of you Wheel Stripes and will most likely adhere to your wheel / rim surface longer.
Use a cleaner that is designed to safely clean your wheels. Remove any road grime, dirt, brake dust, wax, chain lube, etc. At this point, your wheels should be thoroughly clean. Now wash with a mixture of soap and water and rinse to remove any remaining chemicals or soap. Finally, dry with a lint free cloth.
Wheels should be completely dry for installation of Wheel Stripes.
Wheel Stripes must be installed on a clean, smooth, non-porous surface.
1. Bring your Vehicle into your Clean Work Area with enough room move.
2. Optional: Position your motorcycle on it’s Center Stand or on Front and Rear Stands, or lift Jack for car & truck.
3. Apply Wheel Stripes one wheel / side at a time.
4. Peel the first stripe (they are all the same size) from the backing paper carefully so that you do not rip or bend the stripe. Apply the stripe lightly to the wheel / rim surface by hand, starting at one end of the stripe and slowly working around the wheel to the other end of the stripe. If you notice that your stripe is not exactly where you wanted it, you can pull up a small section (1″ or less) to reapply, lightly pull the Wheel Stripe up, carefully and reapply. Once the Wheel Stripe is down and lightly applied, go back over the Stripe with more pressure to make it stick completely.
5. Turn wheel if on stands or lift jack so that you can easily apply the 2nd Stripe. Peel the next stripe from the backing paper carefully so that you do not rip or bend the stripe. Butt one end of the Stripe against the previously applied Stripe to make a smooth transition between them and slowly work around the wheel to the other end of the stripe applying it lightly to the wheel by hand. Once the Wheel Stripe is down and lightly applied, go back over the Stripe with more pressure to make it stick completely.
6. Repeat Section 3 for the 3rd Stripe on that wheel.
7. Reposition the bike (or turn wheel if on stands) so that you can easily apply the final Stripe for that wheel without the Chain/Fender/Forks/Swing Arm/etc being in the way. Peel the next stripe from the backing paper carefully so that you do not rip or bend the stripe. Butt one end of the Stripe against the previously applied Stripe to make a smooth transition between them and slowly work around the wheel by hand until this stripe meets up with the first stripe. Using a scissors or razor knife, carefully trim the 4th Stripe so that it meets up with the edge of the evenly and gives a smooth transition from the 4th to 1st stripe. Do Not allow the scissors or knife come in contact with your wheel as it may scratch the wheel surface. Once the Wheel Stripe is down and lightly applied, go back over the Stripe with more pressure to make it stick completely.
8. Repeat previous steps for both sides of each wheel. Any wrinkle on the stripes will go away with the heat of the sun.
Use only Mild Soap and Water to clean your Wheel Stripes. Do Not Use High Pressure Water or Compressed Air to clean or dry.
Dry thoroughly after washing.
Note: Wheel Stripes are for cosmetic, aesthetic purposes only, but may aid in your vehicles visual presence. They are not meant to be a replacement for factory equipment or OEM safety reflectors or lights. No Warranty written, implied or otherwise is given. Use of these is at the owners risk.
Reflective Stripes: Please check local ordinances to verify that you are not violating any laws by using this product.
Visit our website!